Please join us on Thursday, September 22, 2022 when we will convene an in-person meeting of the Bipartisan Commission on Biodefense.
In this upcoming meeting, Banding Together: Partnerships for Biodefense, the Commission will be delving into optimizing partnerships to defend against biological threats, a critical enabler of success identified in its report released earlier this year, The Athena Agenda: Advancing The Apollo Program for Biodefense. The meeting will examine what is needed to incentivize and effectively manage partnerships between the federal government and industry, academia, and nongovernmental organizations to drive technology innovation and improve biological intelligence for current and future threats.
Speakers will include:
• The Honorable Rajesh Panjabi – Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Global Health Security & Biodefense, National Security Council, The White House
• Dr. Anthony Fauci – Chief Medical Advisor to President Biden; Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health
• Representative David Trone (D-MD)
• Dr. Sandeep Patel – Director of BARDA’s Division of Research, Innovation, and Ventures
• Labeeb Abboud – Chairman and CEO, Global Health Investment Corporation
• The Honorable Ali Nouri – Assistant Secretary for Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs, Department of Energy
• Dr. Gilda Barabino– President, of American Association for the Advancement of Science
• Stu Solomon – President & CEO of Connected DMV
• Dr. Maria Croyle – Jurata Thin Film
• Brian Wiley – ENA Respiratory
• Dr. Bruce Batten – GRIP Molecular