The Commission’s next meeting, No Checkered Flag: The Perpetual Race Against Biological Threats, will be held on September 27, 2023 in Indianapolis, Indiana from 9:00 am – 4:15 pm ET. The meeting will take place at the historic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the home of the Indianapolis 500.
The focus of this meeting will be to provide the Bipartisan Commission on Biodefense with a better understanding of: (1) state and local efforts to strengthen public health and biodefense; (2) special security management of biological threats to mass gatherings; and (3) efforts to understand and mitigate the agricultural impact of biological threats to plants and animals.
- Representative Susan Brooks, Meeting Co-Chair
- Former Secretary of Health and Human Services and Representative Donna Shalala, Meeting Co-Chair
- Former Secretary of Homeland Security and Governor Tom Ridge
- Senator Tom Daschle
- Representative Fred Upton
- Representative Jim Greenwood
- Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Margaret Hamburg
Ex Officio Member
- Rachel Levinson, MA, Executive Director, Federal Research Engagement Office, Arizona State University DC Center
- Governor Eric J. Holcomb
- Virginia A. Caine, MD, Director and Chief Medical Officer, Marion County Public Health Department
- Kristina Box, MD, Former Indiana State Health Commissioner
- Tory Castor, JD, Senior Vice President of Governmental Affairs, Indiana University Health
- Sergeant Robert Brown Jr., Program Manager, Counter-WMD (CBRNE) Unit, Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department
Special Agent Casey P. Farrell, Weapons of Mass Destruction Coordinator, Indianapolis, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Julia Vaizer, MD, Medical Director, Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- John Ball, Vice President, Security and Event Services, Pacers Sports & Entertainment
- Darcy E. P. Telenko, PhD, Associate Professor of Plant Pathology, Purdue University
- Bret D. Marsh, DVM, Indiana State Veterinarian, Indiana State Board of Animal Health
- Paul Ebner, PhD, Professor of Animal Sciences, Purdue University
The meeting will be held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 4790 W 16th St, Indianapolis, IN 46222
The meeting will NOT be live-streamed.
Lunch will be provided.